Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 23

After only one full day in Hamburg (which was too short, yes, I know), I continued to another world-known metropole: Lüneburg!
The only reason why I wanted to come here, is the award-winning TV-series Rote Rosen, which I watched regularly for more than one year almost every day. It takes place here in Lüneburg and I always wanted to see all the sets in reality :D


For getting here, I walked back to the highway I had come from the other day. Even though I was kind of under time-pressure because my host in Lüneburg, Julia, had to leave her flat around 1pm, I arrived there at 10:30 - only to realize that this was a stupid and dangerous spot to stop once again!

Hoping for the best I asked all the cars that had to stop at the last traffic light before the highway whether they were going to Hannover. The highway was leading to Hannover and Bremen, but of course, suddenly everone was going to Bremen or leaving the highway after 5 minutes. There were a few cars with a Lüneburg-license plate but ignored me stubbornly. Pah!

But after 30 minutes another Lüneburger car had to stop at the traffic light, so I waved at the driver enthusiastically, holding the Lüneburg-sign in my hands, and he waved back at me, a little bit annoyed, though, and I hopped in. Alexander had just spent a night in the hospital because his one-year-old son Louis had had some health issues, and was now going back to his hometown Lüneburg.
I asked him to drop me off at the train station, thinking that it would be only a stone's throw away from my host Julia's place.. but it wasn't. In the end Julia came too late for university, because I had to walk 3.5 kilometers xD Funny how things surprise me again and again when I think that I researched everything.


Today there won't be any sightseeing for me - my feet are hurting badly and I will have to see the doctor tomorrow. I know he will tell me that the choice of shoes I made was probably the worst one could make, but what can I say.. beauty comes at a price, haha xD

Tomorrow the weather hopefully will be better (it's really raining right now :/ ), so I will have plenty of time to see all of Lüneburg.


And on thursday I will set out for the Fusion Festival - the root of all evil!

A loose acquitance of mine, Boris :D, had once mentioned it and had also told me that he had hitchhiked to said festival the year before. That was when I came to realize the possibility of hitchhiking and began planning this very trip.


Funnily, a lot of people i know already are going there, among them friends of Josie and one couchsurfer from Berlin and one from Dresden. Hope to see them all there, and hope to climb over the fence without being caught and especially hope to not fall down from it, haha! Wish me luck :D

2 comments:

  1. I am excited about readind more! Especially your next days in Lüneburg (; Since friday I am back home from hospital. Still worn out but building new blood! Hope you enjoyed Lüneburg anyway (:
    Love Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julia, gut von dir zu hören! Musstest du dann etwa noch eine Nacht im Krankenhaus bleiben? :o Und Lüneburg war natürlich super :)

    ReplyDelete