Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 8

I'm very sorry for you guys, but there once again not much to tell.
Heading towards Brussels today, I walked for quite a while all through lovely Gent until I reached the highway. I put my backpack on the ground, held up my sign, and waited.

walking, walking, walking.. and smiling!





After 45 seconds a car pulled over. No joke!!! Life is just too easy sometimes xD


So I got a very nice lift from Daniel, who was born in Bulgaria but grew up in Belgium and studied Directing in Brussels. Of course he spoke English, as everyone else here (even older people) and time flew by.

say hello, Daniel!

He dropped me off in the very center of Brussels and I had quite a walk to do until my hosts neighbourhood. Of course I could've taken the Metro easily, but I kind of have the dream that I will manage to cope with the 120 Euros I took with me, without having to withdraw money from the bank. That's ridiculous of course, but still I want to keep my expenses as low as possible, as a challenge for myself so to say.

Anyway, my host Ale picked me up and even though he's very busy with various exams, he gave me some maps and explained everything I have to know to me. I'm sure I'll have a great time - as always! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment