Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 13

THAT'S what I'm talking about :D

So, when I left Leiden a few days ago heading to Amsterdam, I didn't have any place to stay. The only guy who had given me a positive answer wasn't responding, the people Tony knew didn't have space, and all the hostels were booked out. Still I was sure would find a way and so it came, of course.

I didn't want to walk to the "perfect spot" Tony had showed me on the map and just stopped at one of the bigger streets of Leiden leading out of the city. REALLY after 20 seconds, a car stopped in front of me, broadly grinning Roland and Machteld inside. They were driving North, so Roland told me to hop in.
Soon I found out why their mood was so good: They were driving to the Oerol Festival, which is taking place on a whole island and lasts for 10 days.
Roland has been going there for 9 years in a row now and is really in love with it, so he kept telling me how great and beautiful and amazing and fun everything was. The ticket was only 20 Euros, plus around 30 Euros for the boat that takes you to the island. As I didn't have a place to stay in Amsterdam, I asked them if I could join them - so they called the boat company and asked if they still had seats left. And they did!

Oerol here I come!!
The 40 minutes ride turned into 2 hours, and afterwards we spent another 2 hours on the ship that brought us to the beautiful island Terschelling.


highway connecting two islands

Krokett.. or however you write it - delicious!!


aw my ghoooood
raw fish - amaiiizing :D

the marvellous Green Beach



It's amazing. Amazing, amazing.
Roland and Machteld are amazing company and I owe them so much - they paid my bicycle, my camping fee, about a hundred drinks, and probably a thousand things more I already forgot again. And they brought me here!! Thank you <3


Tomorrow I will leave this beautiful place and (probably) go to Amsterdam - I again don't have a place to stay, but as I just found out, that's when the best things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment