Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 3

Today there's not much to say because I hitchhiked like a PRO this time, haha!

Around 11am I left Ghassans place and walked a really short distance to a road leading to a road leading to Paris :D I originally had planned to use the highway and do gas station-hopping again, but Ghassan recommended to go for the small roads instead, because you don't have to pay fees there and more people use it.

I was standing in the sun at a gas station in Nancy for 20 minutes and because it was so hot, it felt a lot longer, so I already began doubting the place I chose and the general decision of taking the small roads. A lot of cars passed by and the drivers shrugged at me.. but I was dancing in the sun and looking forward to the ride I would eventually get, so it was okay :)
In the end a very nice and chic lady stopped for me, and she didn't speak any English, but we still understood each other and she dropped me at the main road directly ending on the road I wanted to go.

It was a perfekt hitchhiking spot and I was only standing there for 7!! minutes until Wendy approached me from behind, pointed at the van parking a few meters further, and told me that she was going to Paris. Amaaaaaaaaaaazing! <33

She was going there with her fiancée to pick up a couch and bring it to her flat in Nancy, and she even spoke English, so the four hours to Paris passed by very fast and we had lot of fun together.


Wendy and Teddy




After picking up the couch rthey most kindly dropped me at a Metro Station and I made my way to my hosts place.. which happens to be right next to Arc de Triomphe.

that's what I call a first glimpse of Paris!
The place is amazing and my host Nasser is even more amazing :D He came from Syria to Paris 8 years ago, works as a visual effects artist and his room is like a spaceship from another universe. I'm only here for a few hours but I already got some original tea from Syria cooked in Nassers robot-teapot called iAzan and the most deliciousssssssss Mohamra bel gobna which means RED CHILLY PEPPER NOT HOT WITH CHEESE! Haha!



I will probably spend three or four days in Paris and then continue to Gent.

So, happy happy greetings from Paris! :DDDD
Aurevoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir

1 comment: