Saturday, August 29, 2015

Hitchhiking X (Rijeka - Korenica)

On Friday I had the luxury of being dropped off at the gas station I needed to go to by my friends, who were returning to Germany. Still we only got there around 10, and I had to ask around for about half an hour until I got a lift towards Zagreb. I hadn't been sure which way to take, because the highway to Zagreb wasn't really the right direction, but the land roads would probably still take me longer. 

Anyway I ended up going towards Zagreb with Nikola and his friend, hi had both been working on Dimensions festival in Pula. As drug dealers. No just kidding ;) 

They dropped me in front of the toll station of Karlovac, from where I went to a gas station first, but then figured that they way they had recommended would not really help. Actually I don't really understand how they could think it would help. Anyway :D 



After 10 minutes of illegally standing in front of (not on!) the kind-of-highway, a guy with a local license plate and his two little daughters in the back stopped, thinking that I want to go to the city center. He took me to the next gas station on the road instead, which wasn't a perfect spot, but on the road is on the road :)

I was standing in the sun for about 45 minutes some 30 meters before the gas station in order to maybe catch a car from the street, sometimes running back to the station when I saw that a car with a foreign license plate had stopped to refuel. Three times I got people who were just getting some gas and then returning to the city, but the forth time I got lucky: An elderly man, who had been living in Bergisch-Gladbach for 34 years, was going to Plitvice to go hunting in the bordering reservoir. He was living in Croatia for almost 10 years now, but still uses the German license plate - lucky me.


It was only shortly after 2pm when he dropped me at entrance No. 1 of Plitvice National Park, so instead of going to the hostel first and then returning, I dropped off my luggage there (surprisingly for free) and went to see the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment