Sunday, September 13, 2015

Lake Ohrid

The weather was cloudy and rainy during my stay at Lake Ohrid, but I was also still feeling a bit weak, so it was okay that I couldn't go swimming. There was also various hiking trails around, but i preferred to play safe and spend a relaxed day in Ohrid city.

Lazy as I am (meaning: I don't want to look up bus schedules), I just hitchhiked the few kilometers from Lagadin to the city center. From there I went through the touristic pedestrian walk first, then continued uphill to see some pretty old monasteries/churches/religious buildings.






I also enjoyed the view from the top of a big castle, after I had taken a wrong turn and walked around it for what felt like half an hour. 





Just when I had finished my tour and returned to the pedestrian lane, it started raining - perfect timing. I found myself a table with a view over the now I invitingly grey water, had a late lunch, and wrote you guys some postcards.



It hadn't stopped raining when I decided it's time to go home, but I knew that the busses to the south were way to infrequent for me, so I just walked until the end of the city and hoped that people would feel bad for me again.


It worked after ten minutes; three guys driving around and getting high gave me a lift, just after a bus had passed me. Of course we were faster, because the bus stopped several times. Soooo I was faster than the bus ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment