Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hitchhiking XII (Sarajevo - Mostar)

Getting to my spot out of Sarajevo was quite easy - a few steps away from amazing Franz Ferdinand Hostel I boarded a tram to Novo Sarajevo and got off at the second-final stop.

Here the street parted, and I had to improvise, sticking out my right thumb, while waving my other hand to the left, so that people would (hopefully) know that I wanted to go to Mostar.


Once again I was very surprised when Samir stopped only after 7 minutes of waiting and waving. He didn't speak a word of English, but was apparently driving in the right direction, so I got in. Our following 'conversation' was a perfect example how people can communicate without actually speaking the same language. Although I probably didn't even half of what Samir was trying to tell me, we had lots of fun.





At some point he announced that he would drive me to Mostar, even though he had been asking for the time before repeatedly, so I guess he missed an appointment or even work. But as son as this was decided, we seemed to have lots of time, and stopped twice to enjoy the view over the river flowing next to the street.




When we reached the borders of the city, he sadly ruined the whole experience by asking for sex. After proudly showing me a picture of his wife and telling me the names of his children. I mean....dude. Do I look like a hookrr to you? :D


Anyway, he accepted a no, kind of, haha, and I got dropped off almost in front of the hostel. Pros and cons of being a woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment