Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 37

Wow, Prague! This really is some special kind of city.. :D

Jewish Quarter - you can pay in Shekels here, lol
Getting to Prague was very comfortable. I took a bus that took me to the outer parts of Dresden, from where I had a very short but very beautiful view over the whole city. There I started asking people waiting at a traffic light wether they would take me the short way to the highway and got a surprisingly high number of unfriendly replies. But in the end a transporter-driver gave me a lift - unfortunately to the wrong highway :D He was entering the one to Berlin, so that I had to walk a short distance to the other highway-entrance.



I considered myself very lucky, because there was a small green lane just before the entrance, so it was at leats not impossible to stop. I had prepared a "PRAHA"-sign, but soon decided to paint an arrow on the other side of the cardboard, so that people wouldn't have to read stuff. Still I waited for around 30 minutes, because the nice contiki-tourbus-driver sadly didn't stop (imagine how much fun that would've been), and a lot of other young people were smiling at me enthusiastically but still driving by, lol.


In the end Tomas stopped for me and was even going directly to Prague. He was transferring cars from Germany to Prague as a job, which he had chosen over studying in university. He dropped me off at a metro station and there I was.

I have to admit that it took me quite some time to orientate myself in the big public transportation-system of Prague, but in the end I found my hostel without making detours. And the hostel is SO great! I'm in a room with 15 other people, but it still feels as if you almost have your own space thanks to the clever arrangement of beds and lockers. It always has a very nice temperature and we have two toilets and two huge showers for ourselves. And all of that for 13 Euros, blimey! :D
Also, believe it or not, in the three days I've been here now, I meet three different groups of people that stayed in the very same hostel with me in Berlin. So romantic ;)


In general, Prague is definately the most romantic city I've seen on my whole trip - so much nicer than Paris!! No one should go to Paris anymore, seriously. It bored me after half a day, while I could walk these bridges up and down here all day and night long.





Tomorrow I'll take off for my last stop: Nuremberg. Guess I won't meet any of my acquitances there :D

No comments:

Post a Comment