Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 35

35 is definately an impressive number, don't you think? And it all came just like that.. though I have to admit that I am starting to miss my family, my cats, my friends and the privacy and tranquility of my own four walls at least a little bit :D

Anyway, let me tell you how I came from Berlin to Dresden!

Kind of naively I supposed that I could manage to hitchhike out of Berlin straight away from Alexanderplatz, where I had been staying in a really nice hostel for the last few days. But even after quite some walking up to a big street in fact leading out of the city, it became clear that everyone was just driving around in the city center and I wouldn't be lucky there.

I kept walking for another hour until I reached the Ostbahnhof - which made me notice that my foot was obviously okay again, because otherwise I definately couldn't have made this walk :D From there I took a train to Neukölln, which looked quite close to the highway on my pretty low-scaled map, but of course wasn't. After a chat with a currywurst-man I took another train to "Grenzallee", from where I could see a sign for the highway already.


I had already been walking/waiting for trains for two hours now, but then I stumbled upon a fleamarket just on my way to the highway which I couldn't miss of course. I bought new socks there (all of my three pairs have holes :D) and some presents as well.

Finally arrived at the highway-entrance road, I only had to ask a few people until Ute offered to take me with her up to Schönefeld. She had been hitchhiking in her youth as well, oh yeah :D, and ended up driving further than she wanted in order to find a good spot for me. She dropped me close to Ragow, just before the highway, which we both considered to be a quite nice position.
But weeeeeeeell :D Not too many cars seemed to come out of Ragow, and the few that did were obviously going to Berlin and not towards Dresden, so I enjoyed myself dancing in the sun for one hour without talking to anyone. Then I guy whose name I most annoyingly forgot came up to me and we had a really nice chat about what I was doing, how I had ended up in Ragow, and so on :D He would've really liked to help me but only had to go to Königs-Wusterhausen, which, as you can tell by the name, wasn't the best spot either, so I decided to stay where I was.

After another while, a motorcyclist turned around and stopped in front of me. It was 24-years old Julius who was driving around, looking for new traffic signs as a paid mini-job, while he enjoyed the weather on his motorcycle. He had been on his way home to Berlin, but still offered to drive me to the next service station on the highway, which was around 6 kilometers away. He even gave me his only jacket and helmet while he himself was driving without any protection - gee!

And I can tell you, this was the best lift ever! If we hadn't been driving up to 160km/h, I would've probabaly spread my arms and legs away from the bike and screamed of joy. But in this situation I considered it to be safer clinging to Julius as much as I could :D

Once on the right highway with Dresden as the only big city in front of us, I knew it would be a question of minutes to find a nice lift, so I sat down on a bench for a little while and had a chat with the grandmother of this cute boy. They were going to Dresden as well, but didn't have any space left.


Anyway, they hadn't even left the service station yet, when I asked Vincent, a dreamy guy with long blonde hair and paint on his fingers, if he was going to Dresden - and he was.
He's originally from Lübeck, then moved to Penzberg with his mother (which is like 30 minutes from where I live), then moved to Berlin, then to Dresden, and is now going to live with his mother for a few months because of a job he got in Penzberg. He told me that he's thinking about moving to Vienna and wants to study philosophy - and with that being said, we had the most intriguing discussions about good and evil, fate and free will... and our most preferred superpowers :D

He most kindly dropped me off at the central station of Dresden, from where I took a short trainride to Plauen, where my host Frido lives. In the evening, we and some other people went to a free concert at the other side of the city, and afterwards everyone wanted to go to an illegal party in the woods - which you all know I would've enjoyed a lot, but I was dying from sleepiness once again. So I went to sleep while everyone else danced their feet off and went sightseeing the next day.



And Dresden is soooou nais!


watched Zero Dark Thirty open air.. but the view was better than the movie, haha

I decided to stay another day and see the city when all the shops are open again. Afterwards I will continue to Prague, which will probably be my last stop. Time to spend some money, lol!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment