Wednesday, March 6, 2013

NEPAL: Never ending peace and love

Believe it or not, I'm still alive :D

I had an amazing time in India during my last few days, and now I'm in Nepal for 5 days already. Right now, I still live in the volunteer-house, with 6 other volunteers, Bhagwan (the founder of Karmalaya), and his mother and sister. There are strikes in and around Kathmandu today and tomorrow, so we're not sure if buses commute between Kathmandu and Sundarijal, where my project is located. But I don't mind staying here a little bit longer, as the other volunteers are GREAT, and we have lots of stuff to do and lots of fun together :)


Arun welcoming me and Edda at the airport
welcome beer :D




Josi - not so motivated


bus ride to the stupa



freaking me out every single time.. and they're everywhere! :D





biggest stupa of Nepal
this should help against back pain - it didn't work
 


Anne, Josi, Victoria, Johanna, Bhagwan, Edda, ich, und Anne :)

Sushil, another employee of Karmalaya







jaaa...



Yoga at 7 in the morning
I couldn't concentrate because it was freeezing in the shadow


breakfast afterwards

Being asked what I like better, India or Nepal, it's very difficult to answer. What I for example can say is, that I like Kathmandu MUCH more than Delhi, but that I didn't feel as good Kathmandu as I felt in Mumbai, yet. I think I haven't had enough time to experience the Nepali culture at all, though - but what I experienced so far, I definately liked very much :D



Greetings to grumpy, cold Germany.. I hope you received my postcards?! :)

2 comments:

  1. ouhhhhh ich checke nicht mehr durch wo du dich überall rumtreibst :D
    das mit dem yoooga, ich hab ja nur so drauf gewartet dass das kommt :D alle machen sie doch dorten yoooga:D
    gut siehst du aus, deine hautfarbe ist wirklich sehr sehr erfrischend, haha :D
    und dieser bus, was ist denn mit diesem bus los, der ist ja hightech ! :D
    oy ich freue mich ausserordentlich dass du spaß hast dorten.
    troootzdem, jetzt wo die ersten frühlingstemperaturen in good old germany auftauchen, wärs auch schön wenn du hier wärst :)
    aber greate pixx nevertheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi V,
    das sind ja wieder interessante Bilder. Mir gefällt natürlich das mit Deinen Freunden in orange besonders gut.
    Weiterhin tolle Eindrücke und laß mal wieder was von Dir hören.
    P

    ReplyDelete