Sunday, October 27, 2013

Welcome to my new home

The first few days or actually weeks I spent here in Vienna, I felt like I was still couchsurfing while I was visiting university and unpacking my packing cases. Everything was new, I didn't know anyone, I was walking around with a map all the time - still I didn't go sightseeing, but I went to university, and after university I went home to study.

Paired with the coooold weather during my first days, you can imagine that this was quite challenging.







But as you know, good things come to those who wait, and by now I already made some amazing friends, speak Hebrew, Arabic and Turkish fluently (just kidding, but I can write!! :D), and even the weather decided to be magnificent again.

this is where I start my day to uni

Votivkirche, from Schottentor, where the main university is located
horses on the Karlsplatz

a nice shop close to my home :D


And this is where my favourite area starts. When you walk through the streets around the park you will see in a second, you may happen to notice a well-known smell everywhere around you..


It smells like chocolate!


Thanks to the famous Manner factory just a hundred metres down the street, I get free shots of endorphines almost every day. I love it!

I also love the park just in front of our house, with this beautiful, beauuutiful church at the start of it. Especially during the afternoon it almost becomes golden, and so do the leaves everywhere around. The park itself is often used by groups of children from the school nearby, and you also find elderly men playing cards and women sitting together and talking.










 




Yesterday I even sneaked a peek into the church, because the doors were wide open (I wouldn't go inside just like that by myself). Later I stumpled across a huge wedding party - what a great day for a wedding!



Today, the weather is beautiful again and I think I will finally take some time for myself and just wander around the city center without having to do anyhing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful Vienna. Good luck and lots of fun for your new chapter. Soon you can talk to Sol and Maja in Hebrew, they will understand you - not sure if they can answer back though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolle Bilder.
    Erzähle uns doch ein bischen vom Uni-Leben.

    ReplyDelete