Tuesday, October 13, 2015

More numbers

I received great feedback from lots of people about my latest statistics, so I decided you're ready for a small project I had running during the trip. Just the night before I boarded the plane to Tallinn (or even the same day? I'm not sure), I cut my hair to a "length" of 9mm. The plan was to take a picture of myself every day and see how fast it grows back. And there you go :)



Also, I never actually updated the route I took. Originally the plan was to travel along the Adriatic coast and just leave the ocean in order to visit Kosovo and Lake Ohrid in Macedonia, only to return to the sea in Thessaloniki. I'm so glad that I didn't follow this route in the end, altough it probably would've been nice as well. But, I would have missed the two countries I liked the most in the Balkans: Bosnia and Hercegowina, and Bulgaria. So luckily I think I made the right decision :)

Below you can see the route I ended up taking, including the detours I made thanks to language barriers, oscitancy, and bad luck :D




About 5000 kilometers I covered by hitchhiking only - from Tallinn to Istanbul (kind of ;)).
More than another 1000 kilometers I travelled either by bus, train, or paid carsharing.


I used at least 74 different cars during the whole trip.

2 of them were single females (another 7 couples picked me up as well)
(At least) 1 of them didn't have a driver's license.
1 of them was a taxi driver who paid the fare himself.
1 of them was a public bus, that was paid for me by a poor Albanian guy.
 
1 of them had the nerves to touch my tighs.
3 or more of them asked for sex completely out of the blue.



According to my notes, I waited 1.116 minutes in total (for 67 rides).

That makes an average waiting time of only 16,5 minutes!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment