Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sweat, baby, sweat!

I'm in Kerala now for five days, but a part of me is still standing in front of a big window looking at the beautiful Skyline of the Sheikh Zayed Road and the Financial District, listening to great music while sorting the pictures I took during the day, or sitting somewhere in a fancy restaurant and smiling at Leos grinning face.



It's beautiful here, but I'm homesick. I can't really see the palms, the birds, the butterflies, the breathtaking colours, can't really hear the strange animals , the wooshing of the sea and the wind in the trees, can't really smell the amazing scents evaporating from the kitchen and everywhere around me.

When I have nothing to do, which is most of the day, I feel alone with myself, havíng left my safe harbour in Dubai. Yet I can't enjoy the peaceful environment, and when others feel ease, I feel restlessness.
I miss the people I met in Dubai, and I miss meeting new people day after day.

Still, I already had great times with Heinrich, Janine, Silvia and Andrea. We went to a touristy city called Varkala, where I bought another great scarf and where we had a delicious dinner. I also had a ride on an elephant, which was less spectacular than expected. On our way back, we stumbled upon a huge festival with thousands of people and even elephants on the streets.








for Petra ;D




1 comment:

  1. Hi V,
    Danke für den LM Drink, hat super lecker geschmeckt.
    Ich kann gut verstehen, dass Du Heimweh hast. Die letzten Wochen waren einfach zu schön. Ich weiss das, denn ich war ja jeden Tag mit dabei...
    Wie sieht es denn aus mit Deinen Yoga Künsten? Stehst Du jeden Morgen um 5.00 Uhr auf? Und wie steht es um die indische Küche? Hast Du Küchendienst?
    Ganz liebe Grüsse aus dem immer noch verschneiten München
    P

    ReplyDelete